- “If I choose to defy my fears and publish my thoughts, they could turn out as serial best-selling thoughts. I mean, like seriously, God could approve every words into getting more than the right relevance/attention. (Best Case Scenario)
- If I choose to defy my fears and publish my thoughts, it could lead to criticism or rejection -if not well thought out. What I’m personally careful of is my brand, and you know, one must try as much to make a good impression. So, that’s just the pressure or fear that comes with launching out for me. (Worst Case Scenario)
- If I choose to be afraid and not publish my thoughts, nothing will happen. I wouldn’t be seen as (the feared) fool or dumbass. (Best Case Scenario)
- If I choose to be afraid and not publish my thoughts, what would not happen? I could slay the opportunity to become ‘a voice’, that bestselling author, social activist/personality, etc. (Worst Case Scenario)”
Those are Tobi’s candid responses to the four questions I asked last week. If you missed that article, click here- www.iniakpan.com/2017/02/15/help-i-am-afraid-to-write.
In that article, I attempted to answer Mary’s question on the fear of writing. Knowing that many others are also holding back on living their dreams because of this, I asked four cardinal questions which you must ask yourself. These questions are designed to help you search your soul and find the answers to the fear that stopped you from expressing your powerful voice and message via writing.
Back to Tobi’s answer. Did you notice that the benefits of defying his fear and writing his thoughts far outweigh the disadvantages?
- If Tobi writes, he could become a superstar. Amazing! I agree! My mentor called me a superstar recently; what if I had not started publishing my thoughts on social media years ago, would he have known me today? My dear friend, shine your light. Write!
- If Tobi publishes his writing, people could laugh at him. News flash! Whether you do well or badly, critics will still do their job. Is it not better to be known for being a ‘bad’ writer than to be known as a ‘nobody?’ By the way, I could teach you how to be a great writer if you take advantage of my one-on-one coaching program.
- If Tobi chooses to be afraid and hide his writings, he will die a nobody. Forever unknown. Did I hear you say God forbid? Ha! God forbid o! I choose to leave a dent on this universe.
- If Tobi chooses not to publish his thoughts, he says that he would have KILLED the opportunity to be a superstar. Did you get that? He would have killed his own dreams!
Dear friend, I have said enough already. Why are you not writing? Fear? Who fear epp? I know what it means to go to bed trembling in fear and to wake up gripped with that same fear- “What will people say? What if I fail? What if I am not accepted? What if…?”
Well, what if not? You have been afraid all these years and it has not helped you. Can you dare to be fearless today?
If you would like me to help you defy your fears of writing, reply this post with YES- Coaching. Please share this post with all your friends who need it. Thanks.